The famous Magnolia Blossom Festival and World Championship Steak Cook-off is set for May 18-19, and it’s never too soon to get entered in one of the most popular events: the Blossom Festival 5K Race/Walk! We’ve got the just-released entry form posted below! The form is not available yet online at the Official Blossom Festival website, www.blossomfestival.org, but lots of other info about the 2012 festival has been posted there, so be sure to check it out!
• $100 Cash Prize to First Place Overall Male and Female
• Top 3 Overall Male and Female
• Top 3 Male and Female In Each Age Division
• Age divisions are: Masters, 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
• Top Overall Male and Female
• Top 3 Male and Female in Each Age Division
• Age divisions are: 0-49 and 50+
• Technical T-Shirts will be provided for the first 200 Race/Walk entrants. Cotton T-Shirts will be available to other entrants on a limited basis, so register early to ensure you receive one.
• Cotton T-Shirts will be available to the first 75 Fun Run entrants.
• Packets may be picked up in advance at Murphy’s Jewelers on Thursday, May 17, or Friday, May 18, during normal business hours.
• Chip timing will be used for the 5k Race/Walk. All participants, whether pre-registered or not, MUST pick up their timing chips at the registration area on the morning of the race between 6:15 am and 7:15 am. Anyone that does not have a timing chip will not be timed and will not be eligible for awards.
• The Fun Run is limited to participants 12 years old and under. Medallions will be awarded to all finishers.
• Door prizes will be given away at the award ceremony. Must be present to win.
• Only registered race/walk participants will be allowed on the course. Pets, strollers, wagons, baby joggers, or any other hand pushed or pulled device will NOT be allowed on the course.
Inclement Weather Policy:
• The race will go on regardless of precipitation. In the event that weather conditions present an imminent danger to participants, the race will be cancelled. No refunds will be given.
• Due to reasons beyond our control it may become necessary to change some of the event locations, start times, etc. Please visit the race website periodically to check for any updates –www.blossomfestival.org/race.html.
For more information contact: Paul Garris at (870) 235-9243 or Mark Williams at (870) 234-3072.